People have been asking me all the time lately if I am "getting excited." I always stumble over the answer. It sounds terrible to say I'm not excited, and it's untrue, because I am, but there are sooooo many things left to get done, and so much time left before the real fun can start.
Many of the people I talked to are focused on the wedding, and while the wedding is a big important day and I want it to be beautiful, it's only one day, and it's one day that involves a lot of work, preparation, and nervousness. It involves me having a whole bunch of people staring at me while I try desperately not to do or say anything stupid.
The reality is, I'm not looking forward to getting married). I'm looking forward to BEING married. I'm looking forward to a time when David doesn't have to go home at the end of every night, to a time when even if one of us has to work late, or needs to do laundry, or pay bills, or clean house, we still get to see each other. I'm looking forward to having him around so much I am dying for him to go somewhere else, instead of feeling cheated that he is going off to Go club and leaving me alone for an entire Saturday afternoon. (Stupid Go Club.)
I'm looking forward to settling into our life and seeing where it goes. That's what I get excited about. The wedding? It's just a big party.
But please don't tell my mom I said that...
No comments:
Post a Comment